Formed in 2004 by front man Johnny Yong Bosch and Maurice Salmin, Eyeshine first found success in 2006 with a unique blend of pop punk and post grunge called Edge Rock. The band gained a modest audience with its debut EP, "How About That" and their first full length album, "Red Stripes White Lights" but it was their sophomore effort, "My Paper Kingdom" that officially opened the flood gates in 2009. MPK featured their award winning song, "ALONE," whose honest and simple lyrics made a connection to a steadily growing fan base. The band has continued to self produced 7 more albums: "Tone Of Echoes" (features the Elfenworks Foundation sponsored song "Hope Is So Far Away"), "Afterglow" (acoustic album), "Sonosis" (instrumental album), "Sansvox" (karaoke album), "XMAS" (Christmas album), their latest album "Revolution Airwaves," and their latest acoustic album "Like Yesterday."
Eyeshine won the worldwide Ford sponsored competition "Gimme The Gig II" in May 2012. They recorded a single and filmed a music video with the Legendary Don Was (President of Blue Note Records and 7 time Grammy Award winning Producer - Rolling Stones, Elton John, John Mayer, etc) and Krish Sharma (Producer/Engineer - The Rolling Stones, Counting Crows, Hilary Duff, Jesse McCartney, etc) out of the "Ford Focus Studio." Which is a Mobile Studio that was built into a Ford Focus by "Mad" Mike Martin (Pimp My Ride). KTLA (West Coast News Stations affiliated with The CW TV Network), filmed and aired the one-hour special on west coast television (KTLA, KTVU, and KICU).
- Won the worldwide Ford Sponsored Gimme The Gig II competition. (2012 - see above)
- Wrote original music for the video game "Crisis Heart Brawlers - Clash at Otakon" (Studio Nasu) Front man Johnny Yong Bosch also voices the main character "Hiroshi" (2012)
- Performed live on CW31 Good Day Sacramento on September 1st, 2012
- Performed live on the KTLA Morning show (affiliate of the CW Television Network) on July 20th, 2012
- Featured their album "Revolution Airwaves" in the Warped Tour Issue of A.P. (Alternative Press) Magazine. (2012)
- Performed and recorded "Love Psalm" in the Playstation Vita game "Silent Hill: Book of Memories." Which featured Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Akira Yamaoka. (2011)
- Front man Johnny Yong Bosch was featured in Alternative Revolt Magazine. (2011)
- Featured in the 2nd episode of international Korean TV show "Ba Ram Eh Shil Ryu" (Gone With The Wind) where they performed alongside the Korean pop-star Yim Jae Beom.
- Unsigned Contest Winner for AMP Magazine in 2011, which featured the band in issue #109 of Amp Magazine. (2011)
- Finalists in KROQ's Shot To Rock Competition. (Top 10 - 2011)
- Gimme the Gig Finalist (Top 7) Live on KTLA at the Whiskey A Go Go. (2010)
- "Alone" (Album "My Paper Kingdom") is awarded as one of Top 15 Most Played Indie Artist's songs by the IAIRA. (2010)
- Star 98.7 Rockstar Finalist (Top 10 - 2010)
- Star 98.7 Rockstar Finalist (Top 5 - 2009)
- "Alone" (Album "My Paper Kingdom") is awarded the Elfenworks Social Justice Award (2009)
- Campus Music Fest Los Angeles Finalist (Top 3 - 2009)
Band members include: Johnny Yong Bosch (guitar and lead vocals), Maurice Salmin (drums, piano, vocals), Polo Yazaki (lead guitar), and Ginny Eck (bass, violin, vocals).